CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

WHY SHOULD I BE THANKFUL?

My car battery keeps draining due to the weather. My newborn baby keeps me up late and wakes me up early. My two year old is acting like she’s seven and rebelling like a 17 year-old. Our bank account is low on funds. We’re looking for a new house and trying to figure out how we’re going to pay for it without me having to find a second job. The heat in our van doesn’t work. Our dog keeps pooping in the house. My cat keeps sneaking out of the house and tearing the farm cats into pieces. I’m overweight. I have parents of kids in the ministry who do not like the way I do ministry. I have youth who do not like the way I do ministry. I have non-Christian youth falling further away from Christ. I have Christian youth who are making worse choices then the non-Christian youth. I have youth who think other kids are faking their faith. My new Blackberry is not working like it should, considering I wasted hundreds of dollars on it. We can’t find our WIC coupons to get the free food the government gives us due to are income. I haven’t seen any of my close friends in months and years. I miss my family.
AND TO TOP IT OFF, I CAN’T STOP SINNING.
Looking at the list above, I can’t help but to wonder; why am I the happiest I’ve ever been in life? Why do I love life more then I have in the past? How can I be so excited to come home and relax with my family? Am I crazy for looking forward to coming to work everyday? Why do I long to spend more time with the youth in the ministry?
WHY DOES GOD GIVE ME THE GRACE TO FACE EACH AND EVERY DAY? WHY DOES HE SHOWER HIS LOVE ON ME AS IF I AM HIS ONLY LOVE? HOW CAN HE GIVE MY HEART THE REST IT SHOULDN’T HAVE WITH ALL THINGS CONSIDERED? WHY IN THE HECK DOES JESUS WANT TO ROMANCE MY FAMILY LIKE WE’VE BEEN FAITHFUL TO HIM AND NEVER BROKE HIS HEART OUT OF OUR OWN SELFISH REBELLION AGAINST HIM? WHY AM I LOVED BY GOD?
Bottom line, how can I not be grateful in life? All things may fall, but Christ remains faithfully crazy in love with us. This thanksgiving, above all things, let us remember how great the Father’s love is and how loved we are by Christ.
Romans 8-35, 37-39- “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword...Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Very insightful JoJo, thanks for sharing something really personal to you. So, why do we?! I guess it is that love that pulls us back.

Jo-Jo Spencer said...

Thanks so much Sarah. I thought of your family the other day and was eld to pray for your husband. Hope all is well.