CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

GIFTS OF LOVE OR GIFTS OF OBLIGATION?

DYING BOY'S FINAL WISH COMES TRUE
We feud with our families and refuse to forgive and forget before the holiday. We feel our Christmas is just not right because we don’t have the funds to spend the way we want to. We train our kids to expect great gifts for Christmas. As adults, we secretly get disappointed when we don’t get the gift we were hoping for. We eat enormous meals and watch the leftovers go rotten in a few days. We go through the holiday thinking we understand the meaning of Christmas because we focus on Jesus’ birth, yet most of us fail to sacrificially give a gift that can make an impact on someone who really needs it. We make sure we tell our kids about the gift of Christ but don’t show them the gift of servitude that came with the birth of Christ.
Jesus came to the earth as a gift of redemption.
I celebrate Christmas by giving gifts of obligation.

May the Lord grant me the heart of this young child.

2 comments:

tmichaelcart said...

I saw this video when the story aired, and I was completely overwhelmed by his heart. I could only stare and ponder my own lack of sacrifice in my life. This is true legacy. He, in his last act of will and despite his own suffering, chose to meet the needs of other suffering human beings. Sounds like this child had it down. Simply amazing.

T. Michael Cart
http://www.truthinministry.org

Jo-Jo Spencer said...

Much agreed Michael. I don't know whether or not this kid was a Christian, but I do know he has demonsrated the heart of Christ.Thanks for taking the time to read this.