CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

CLOSE MY EYES TO HIDE FROM REALITY

I was one of those kids that would lie in his bed at night and hear the most subtle noise and get pretty freaked out. I was extremely convinced that there was a monster somewhere in my room. I was always too scared to get up and tell my dad to come in and drop some Rambo on what ever it was that was scaring me. So I only had one solution, and it typically worked: close my eyes and keep my mind on other things until I fell asleep.
I’ve come to realize that I do this more often nowadays than I did when I was a frightened kid. I’m never going to know how I can fix things if I always close my eyes when I don’t want to see the reality of what’s happening around me. WE NEED TO BE AWARE.

0 comments: